I have previously written about Gluten Free options at the RBC Center during Carolina Hurricanes games over the last couple seasons. See below for the 2010-2011 season update.
A few weeks ago, I checked in with the food & beverage department again to gather updates on the GF options available this season. One big complaint I heard often was the people had difficulty finding RedBridge. It appears that they are working on some signage this year which should help folks in that area.
I'm happy to report continued support of Gluten Free options for the upcoming 2010-2011 season which kicks off this Wednesday, October 27th, 2010. The Food & Beverage Department at the RBC Center has done a great job accommodating those on a Gluten Free Diet. I'd like to send a huge thanks to Chris Diamond and all the folks responsible for these GF options.
If you are interested in tickets, check out the following page. Also a reminder that this years NHL All Star Game will be held at the RBC Center the weekend of January 28-30th. Any visitors to the RBC Center that are looking for Gluten Free options should be pretty pleased.
2010-2011 Carolina Hurricanes Gluten Free options @ RBC Center
1) RedBridge beer will be carried at the following locations. It will be carried on all 3 levels of the arena (hopefully signage coming soon).
- The bar @ Section 124
- Lower Level - Bud Light Deck
- Club Level (2nd Deck) - All private Suites, Arena Club Restaurant, Ledge Lounge bar and Champions Club
- Upper Deck - Section 312 - Pub 300
- Call in advance (at least 4pm on game days) 919-861-5479 and request a GF meal from Executive Chef Flood. This special menu option includes a plate of grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and carrots and will run in the $15 range. You can coordinate the details on picking up the GF dinner when you call.
- Carvery Cart Meat Option with Salad - Sections 104 & 124
- Philly Steak Cart, order without bun - Sections 123 & 324
- Sausage Stop Cart, order without bun - Sections 105, 120 & 306
- Many concession stands throughout the arena serve candy options like Skittles, M&Ms and Snickers as well as popcorn - all Gluten Free.
- Soft serve ice cream from the Twisted Waffle Ice Cream Company is Gluten Free, Lactose Free and Cholesterol Free (no cone) - Section 116 & 322
- Dippin’ Dots (I checked their Web site and they are gluten free - does not include Birthday Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Cookies n Cream) - Sections 105,110,120, 308, 316, 324
- Sunset Slush (I checked their Web site and they are gluten free) - Sections 127
Butter - Partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soybean lecithin, natural and artificial butter flavor, TBHQ, and Citric acid, vitamin A, and palmitate. Colored with beta cartone. S
Cheddar Cheese - Maltodextrin (corn), whey powder, cheddar cheese, salt, sugar, sodium, phosphate, lactic acid, yellow #5 (E102), citric acid, yellow #6 (E110), partially hydrogentrated soybean oil, silicon dioxide, FD&C Yellow #6 (E110), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate. M S