Friday, December 12, 2008

Special Announcement: Gluten Free Raleigh Blog Health Network

I am in the middle of establishing something I have coined "The Gluten Free Raleigh Blog Health Network".

The GFRB Health Network will be a useful resource for readers of this blog to assist them with finding Celiac friendly Doctors, Nutritionists, Dietitians, Dentists, etc...

A big part of what I am trying to accomplish with this Blog is to raise awareness about Celiac Disease and the GF Diet in Raleigh. The natural progression of this is for me to reach out to local Health Care providers in this city to make them more Celiac friendly. Granted, there are some great ones already out there. Hopefully you have been lucky enough to find one. If you have, please email me with their information and I will attempt to bring them into this network.

The first part of this Network will be to "partner" in a way with resources I know are already Celiac/GF friendly. Readers will easily be able to find resources to contact for more assistance. The Network may be small now, but it is a start. I have been reaching out to local resources over the past few weeks with more to come in the future.

Stay tuned for further posts about the first member of the GFRB Health Network. I'll give you a hint, she's a Dietitian (who actually has Celiac Disease and has been living GF for 5 years).

3 comments:

If It Barks said...

This is a great idea. Thank you for putting it together. I'm looking for a neurologist who is knowledgeable about the relationship of Celiac to neurological symptoms (numbness, tingling, etc). Do you know of a good doc?

Zach said...

I currently do not know of one but I am researching this as well as additional GI doctors, dermatologists and nutritionists. Stay tuned!

Sarah said...

Dr. Michael Golding in Raleigh and Wilson (211 E Six Forks Rd, Building C, Suite 108, Raleigh, NC 27609 - telephone 919-850-3480) is an excellent board certified celiac-aware neurologist-psychiatrist. He knows more about celiac disease than many gastroenterologists so I'm sure he will be able to help.

Post a Comment