Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My First Gluten Free Thanksgiving

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! I've been out of commission for a few days on a turkey hangover but am trying to get caught up on all the latest Celiac Disease/Gluten Free News. More to come!

My First Gluten Free Thanksgiving
I had a pretty great first GF Thanksgiving. I had both Whole Foods and Butterball turkeys and both were yummy. Mashed potatoes were easy and naturally gluten free. I also had sweet potatoes, cranberries and butternut squash side dishes - all gluten free. I ordered several items from Rosie's Plate and was extremely satisfied. The items were green been casserole, stuffing, gravy and pumpkin pie - all items that normally would contain gluten. Also, we used a GF frozen pie crust from the Whole Foods Bakery to make an apple pie and thought it was very good as well.

Feel free to provide your experiences about your Gluten Free Thanksgiving here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This was our second gluten/dairy free Thanksgiving. I made a gluten free stuffing that was delicious, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato balls, deviled eggs, Whole Foods cranberry sauce, and salad. For dessert we used Whole Foods pie crusts to make pumpkin pie and a pudding pie - both were delious. The next day I made a gluten free pumpkin roll that was out of this world delicious.

Post a Comment