Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Looking into 2009: 20 Goals

2008 was a weird year for me mostly spent learning to live with my Celiac Diagnosis in a city that knew very little about Celiac Disease and the Gluten Free diet. I'd like to thank the readers of this blog and the support I have received in comments and emails. I will strive to continue to promote change and awareness in our great city in the future but will need your help along the way. Please keep your ideas, findings and thoughts coming as you experience living Gluten Free in Raleigh.

Over the next few weeks during Christmas vacation, the posts on Gluten Free Raleigh Blog might be a little light. If I find out something important, I will try to post about it.... but until then, I leave you with my plans/thoughts for what is in store for 2009 on the Gluten Free Raleigh Blog.

2009 Plans (in no particular order)
  1. Wake County School System - Gluten Free lunches
  2. Review of National Celiac Organizations
  3. NCSU, UNC & Duke sporting event concessions
  4. UNC University System Cafeteria reviews
  5. Durham Bulls/Carolina Mudcats sporting event concessions
  6. Gluten Free Medications
  7. Gluten Free Tax Deductions/Flexible Spending Accounts
  8. Local Product Spotlights
  9. Local Blogger Spotlights
  10. Raleigh area Hospital Cafeteria/Pharmacy reviews
  11. Gluten Free Raleigh Blog Health Network expansion
  12. Restaurant Reviews/Restaurant Survey
  13. Grocery Store Reviews (Earth Fare, Trader Joe's, Harmony Farms)
  14. Fund raising Activities (run/walk, etc...)
  15. RDU International Airport food options
  16. NC State Fair - more GF Friendly
  17. Celiac Drug Therapy Updates
  18. Useful Resources additions
  19. Hosting/Organizing Cooking Classes/Author discussions
  20. Guest Authors?
AND - Stay tuned in early January for a potentially huge announcement from a local company breaking into the Gluten Free product/restaurant scene! Some final discussions are going on right now and Gluten Free Raleigh Blog has been involved in the process. Much more to come once everything is finalized! I cannot wait to share with you all the great news.

As always, please leave a comment or Email me with questions or topic suggestions if you would like to add an idea.


3 comments:

Curious Art said...

What a great service you are providing! Thanks again so much for all your work & generosity. Have a great holiday, & I can't wait to see what you come up with in '09!

Anonymous said...

My computer is lame and won't allow me to email you via your blog so i'm going through the "comment" section to try and contact you. Thanks for all your hard work. I'm curious to know if there's any future plans to include Durham in your "reports", specifically eating out in Durham? Or do you know of any blogs/sites that have a good list of places to eat out at in Durham? You can email me @
turtledupree at hot mail dot com.

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I was sent a link to your blog today and I am thrilled! All of the information you have compiled is wonderful. Thank you so much.

I was wondering if you have kids in WCPSS? I see you are working on trying to get GF lunches in the school. My daughter will be starting Kindergarten in the fall and I am intending on packing her lunch daily. I feel bad for her that she won't be able occasionally get hot lunch like her friends. If you need help in that arena I would be willing to do what I can. I am already trying to figure out how to make sure all art projects are GF.

Post a Comment