Here are some updates...
- A reader contacted me and let me know that Slim's Downtown Distillery in downtown Raleigh was now carrying RedBridge. I spoke with Joe who is the manager at Slim's and he did confirm that they began carrying it a few weeks ago and plan to permanently carry RedBridge. Slim's is located at 227 S. Wilmington Street. We already know that the Raleigh Times Bar also carries GF Beer. Anybody been to the Flying Saucer lately? I know they used to carry RedBridge and Bard's Tale. I'll check in with them and let you know.
- I conversed with MillerCoors (2nd largest brewer in the US) about the possibility of the brewer making Gluten Free Beer. They politely stated that they do not have any plans on brewing a GF Beer. RedBridge (and a few others) it is I guess. If you would like some more variety, contact them yourself to help encourage them a little.
- I also attempted to contact several other brewers including Yuengling and Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams). I have not heard anything back. I will let you know.
- I have in the past asked Raleigh brewer Big Boss about GF Beer and they said they were focused on expansion of current products but might consider it in the future.
- I have also in the past spoken with Holly Springs brewer Carolina Brewing Company (see the 2nd paragraph). They respectfully declined my invitation to make GF Beer that tasted like CPA. Bummer.
- The Carolina Hurricanes are still carrying RedBridge at the RBC Center! I plan to ask them at the end of the season how many bottles they sold - more to come.