The point is that there are many national organizations for Celiac Disease (is this good or bad?) and each promotes Celiac Awareness in different ways. I think we should support each of these organizations in whatever activities they take on to promote our disease. We should be thankful for the CSA and all the organizations that exist for CD. Of course it would be nice if there was a consistent effort but at this point we should take what we can get as far as promoting awareness is concerned. I'd like to hear your comments as well so please leave some feedback if you have an opinion on this subject.
Now, on to the Celiac Disease Awareness Month Activity of the day. Or if you prefer, you can do this in May (ha-ha).
CSA PHOTO COMPETITION 2008Thanks for reading!
Promoting Celiac Disease Awareness Month
We have all heard that “one picture is worth a thousand words.” Everyone looks forward to seeing photos and hearing stories. As a result, this year CSA is sponsoring a photo contest to promote Celiac Disease Awareness Month. Entries will be accepted during the month of October. Entries due December 1st. Capture fun moments and action --- promoting celiac disease awareness --- and demonstrating that individuals diagnosed with celiac disease lead normal lives. Prizes will be awarded, and the winning photos will be prominently featured in Lifeline and on our website. This contest is open to all ages.
• All photos must be accompanied by an entry form (see page 20 or download from website)
• Snapshots/collages are welcome/from any event or activity such as summer picnics, fall meetings or CSA Chapter activities
• Pictures should be as high resolution as you can get on your camera
• Photos can be black and white or color
• NO PHOTOS WILL BE RETURNED
• No limit on photo entries, but each should be accompanied by an entry form
• No larger than 8” X 10”
• Ideally, you should save your picture in the largest size you can
• If you save your photo as a jpeg and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to add that the photo is for the competition. Be sure to include the entry form.
• Be sure you obtain permission from all persons in the photo before you submit
• Winners will be notified after December 1st
• Group meetings/speakers
• Group activities/programs
• Individuals finding success through the “WBRO-Free diet”/CSA CelKids®/Leaders/Families
• Action photos such as a walk-a-thon, bike-a-thon, cooking demo, BBQ, bake off, etc
Send photos and entry forms to:
CSA Photo Contest
PO Box 31700
Omaha, NE 68131-0700
Email photos and entry forms to: