Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gluten Free Product Listing from CSA

Picked up this little bit of information from the Digestive Health SmartBrief from the American College of Gastroenterology. See my previous post about that here.

The Celiac Sprue Association Gluten-Free Product Listing - 13th Edition is available for pre-publication ordering. Researched and compiled by CSA with input from
manufacturers, vendors, distributors, diet and health professionals, and CSA
members, this essential guide is available as a binder or CD. Become a new CSA
member when ordering and get a 25% discount.

The product listing includes...

-a wide variety of gluten-free products—both store brands and national brands
-descriptions/contact information for businesses specializing in gluten-free products
-expanded glossary of terms
-celiac friendly business listings by state
-call numbers for commercial food and pharmaceutical companies
-Informational sections on label reading, the celiac kitchen, dining and travel, hospital stay preparation and diet self-management

Mine has been ordered and I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives. The original price is $30.

2 comments:

Dirk said...

Can you tell me what the gluten-free product listing CD is like? I have used the book before, but depending on the CD's format maybe I will get that.

I just worry it's a gigantic PDF or something equally painful to use. If it is in some sort of easily searchable/printable format I could go for it. I would want to export pieces to my phone perhaps.

Anyway, if you have used it, can you give me a hint what the CD provides? thanks!

-Carl

Zach said...

Carl,
Don't have the CD (have used the book and it is hard to use)... Maybe you could try something online like Juno Nutrition?

Post a Comment