Thursday, October 16, 2008

Restaurant Review - Cafe Luna - Downtown Raleigh

I visited Cafe Luna in Downtown Raleigh today for lunch. Cafe Luna is a downtown Raleigh establishment (in business for 12 years) which offers Italian Cuisine with a Tuscan flair. This is a place I had visited many times in my previous life and was always extremely pleased after each visit. I had not yet been back since my diagnosis but have been looking forward to seeing what they offered GF eaters. I did not have a chance to call or visit ahead of time as this lunch was pretty short notice (usually not a good thing). However, having been to this place in the past, I felt pretty comfortable they would be accommodating. As I entered, I approached the owner of the restaurant (Parker Kennedy) and asked him about Gluten Free options. He knew exactly what I was talking about and even knew to ask me if I had Celiac Disease.

We worked together to order the following with general ease...
-Broiled Salmon fillet (butter, salt & pepper)
-Pan cooked broccoli (olive oil, salt)

The above items were prepared with small modifications (broiled or pan cooked instead of grilled) from standard lunch menu items.

The meal was excellent and came out at the exact same time as all other members of my party (I've had problems with this in the past). I would highly recommend Cafe Luna to those desiring a nice romantic dinner or just lunch.

Information
136 East Hargett Street,
Downtown Raleigh, NC 27601
Lunch: Mon - Fri • Dinner: Wed - Sat
Reservations & Info: (919) 832-6090
Website: http://www.cafeluna.com/

View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment